In Singapore, there is an abundant of job opportunities for Singaporean to pursue but not all jobs created can be filled with local candidates. Locals also perceive that many of these job opportunities are not fairly opened to them. Because of this, tougher criteria for eligibility for companies applying for a Singapore Employment Pass for
Singapore now employs the stick and carrot approach when assessing the application for Singapore employment pass. This is the major type of visa that is given to foreign professional managers, directors, and business owners of companies that operate in Singapore. The criteria for approving a Singapore employment pass will be varied based on more factors
Singapore has been a haven both for people who are seeking better job opportunities, and companies that want to have a hub for their regional operations in the South East Asian region with the help of a Singapore employment pass. However, this also meant the influx of foreigners working in the country. While it may
Singapore has been a great place for people looking for opportunities. Being the hub of multinational companies for their South East Asian operations, the Singaporean population cannot keep up with the demand for professionals to fill the many different positions that these large companies offer. That is why, more and more foreigners and expats are
The Singapore Ministry of Manpower(MOM) has announced that the qualifying salary criteria for singapore employment pass will be increased from the present SGD3,300.00 per month to SGD3,600.00 per month with effect from 1 January 2017. MOM has regularly reviewed the salary and other qualifying criteria from time to time in order to keep pace with
A recruitment agency in Singapore is inclined to have a lot of occupation postings you could not see online or in the newspaper. An employment agency could always stand as a link between you and a potential employer since most of the employers put their trusts on employment agency recruiters because they believe that the agencies will just
If you are a foreigner seeking for a career in Singapore, one thing you must remember is that there you must have obtained an employment pass in order to be permitted to work. Otherwise you may end up violating laws and may be prosecuted or deported. One of the most relevant documents for foreigners who want
The Singapore Manpower Ministry will be tightening further the criteria for approval of employment pass when hiring foreign professionals in Singapore. Employers who persist in hiring them for no good reason and fail to have concrete plans to nurture their Singaporean staff will find it harder to operate and expand in Singapore. The ministry is going
The Most Awkward CV Mistakes
By: Rebecca Lewis, Global
Published: Feb 26, 2014
RECRUITMENT CV RESUME
Global – Mistakes on resumes is part and parcel of the job for HR managers and recruiters, but it doesn’t make them any less funny.
A thread on Reddit asked users for their best stories of a time when something “cringeworthy” was written on a CV, application form or cover letter they received, and the answers were nothing short of hilarious.
Here are some of our favourites.
1. “I once got one that had a little note at the bottom which read “I am well trust worthy, you can ask ne of my mates!!!!!!!”
2. “I’ve been hiring people since 1995, and I’ve kept a “Wall of Shame” list for all the things I’ve seen. A selection:
3. “You’d be amazed how many people will have email addresses like ‘pornstar69’ ‘sexeebeeatch420’ or some other dumb user name for their gmail account. If you can’t spend 5 min creating a firstname.lastname account, don’t be shocked when you don’t get the job.”
4. “Ive had one come to me… under strengths she mentioned ‘god fearing’ and under technical skill ‘windows’.”
5. “I’ve had a guy attach a two-page list of everything he had accomplished since the first grade. Examples include, but are not limited to: – 2nd place in fourth grade spelling bee – 3rd place in fifth grade math-a-thon – Honorable mention in eighth grade charity drive.”
6. “There was also one where a guy listed as a strength ‘I’m excellent at debating various issues, as evidenced by the fact that I constantly win arguments with my girlfriend’.”
7. “I actually had one person include a photo in their application package. The applicant was a 20 year old woman. The picture was her lying on a hotel bed (clothed, but very revealing) surrounded by liquor bottles.”
8. “One question on the application was, ‘What are your career objectives?’ to which the applicant wrote, ‘The sky’s the limit’.”
This article is added by http://jobplus.sg employment agency