Recruitment Agency is a useful resource as part of your job search strategy. Here are reasons why! A recruitment agency helps job seekers find employment, while also helping a company find the perfect person for the job they are advertising. Recruitment agencies in their specialist markets are able to give hiring team the market insight. They
Here are five strategies to retaining your best talents based on the findings of one of Singapore’s leading employment agencies: Jobplus.
Have a purpose that is bigger than your company
Make a difference globally. Workers who deduce meaning from their employment are more prone to working hard and being loyal to their firm. A mission of corporate social responsibility is particularly enticing with Generation Y employees.
Aggressively pursue great culture
Focussing on your workplace is a simple method to influencing culture. Everything ranging from colours, artwork, music and furniture layout will create the tone for the type of behaviour you want to generate. Make the workplace a fun place to be in by formulating meaningful team-building activities. Potluck lunches and happy hours are also productive platforms to connect your team together personally.
Make your space matter
Affording a wide range of spaces and surfaces proves that you acknowledge that not everyone functions in the same manner and that you are willing to make alterations to accommodate your group. For example, you can offer standing desks and lounge settings in tandem with the usual desk setting.
Recognize the importance of remote work capabilities
Workers value the chance to work from home or from a coffee shop and deviate away from the structured nine-to-five schedule.
Demonstrate that work is part of your life — not your entire life
In today’s wireless era, it is tough to truly escape from work. Ensure that your workers comprehend that the firm appreciates them and wants them to be satisfied in all areas of their lives, even if that entails taking nights and weekends off. You can also endorse workers to incorporate personal aspects of their lives at work, such as bringing their pet into the workplace or enabling an occasional visit from families.
The Most Awkward CV Mistakes
By: Rebecca Lewis, Global
Published: Feb 26, 2014
RECRUITMENT CV RESUME
Global – Mistakes on resumes is part and parcel of the job for HR managers and recruiters, but it doesn’t make them any less funny.
A thread on Reddit asked users for their best stories of a time when something “cringeworthy” was written on a CV, application form or cover letter they received, and the answers were nothing short of hilarious.
Here are some of our favourites.
1. “I once got one that had a little note at the bottom which read “I am well trust worthy, you can ask ne of my mates!!!!!!!”
2. “I’ve been hiring people since 1995, and I’ve kept a “Wall of Shame” list for all the things I’ve seen. A selection:
3. “You’d be amazed how many people will have email addresses like ‘pornstar69’ ‘sexeebeeatch420’ or some other dumb user name for their gmail account. If you can’t spend 5 min creating a firstname.lastname account, don’t be shocked when you don’t get the job.”
4. “Ive had one come to me… under strengths she mentioned ‘god fearing’ and under technical skill ‘windows’.”
5. “I’ve had a guy attach a two-page list of everything he had accomplished since the first grade. Examples include, but are not limited to: – 2nd place in fourth grade spelling bee – 3rd place in fifth grade math-a-thon – Honorable mention in eighth grade charity drive.”
6. “There was also one where a guy listed as a strength ‘I’m excellent at debating various issues, as evidenced by the fact that I constantly win arguments with my girlfriend’.”
7. “I actually had one person include a photo in their application package. The applicant was a 20 year old woman. The picture was her lying on a hotel bed (clothed, but very revealing) surrounded by liquor bottles.”
8. “One question on the application was, ‘What are your career objectives?’ to which the applicant wrote, ‘The sky’s the limit’.”
This article is added by http://jobplus.sg employment agency